You have gotta be kidding!

We live in an absurd world. This site is dedicated to the most ridiculous things that I can find out there. It should be a wild ride.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why does "Survivor" Survive?

From the very first season of this so called "reality" show I wondered what people were thinking. I mean, what part of reality does it fit into? How does a bunch of people "stranded" on an island in the greatest Gilligan fashion, with contrived and rehearsed conflicts, voting others "off the island" even come close to reality? This is the farthest thing from reality that I have ever heard of.

Now they are adding a new twist - let's assign the groups according to race and ethnicity! Gee, the world isn't divided enough along racial lines, let's see what we can to to make the situation worse. Maybe we can even start a race war "around the water cooler"! Wouldn't that be fun?

Let's insist that if they are going to have these types of inane shows, what they call reality, that they actually make it real. How about putting them on the island, with no way to get off, and let them go Lord of the Flies on each other! That sounds like a show I could get behind. There wouldn't be any contrived conflicts then. There could be cameras set up all over the island and a few aircraft circling it constantly to pick up the fun and games. When someone is "voted off the island" it wouldn't hurt their feelings because they wouldn't have any by then. Winner takes all, no matter how long it takes to come to an end. This sounds like a much better idea than this goofy "reality" show concept they have now.

Now we all know that what I have proposed here is just sarcasm at its greatest. No one really advocates this type of thing and I'm really no different than the rest of you. I am just really fed up with this type of stupid programming, and I'm disgusted with my fellow human beings for panting after it. I mean, this crap has gone on for 13 seasons! Why are we allowing these idiots to get rich with this stuff?

Ok people, I have been trying to get a rise out of someone for months now and no one seems to give a hoot about my posts. Let's see if anyone can give me a run for my money with this one.

Here is a link to the CNN story regarding this upcoming season of survivor.
Here is another take on it by Metronews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home