You have gotta be kidding!

We live in an absurd world. This site is dedicated to the most ridiculous things that I can find out there. It should be a wild ride.

Friday, April 07, 2006

If you've got the money honey, I've got the time (travel)

"Paging Dr. Wells, doctor H.G. Wells, you're needed in...,"

Well, I've heard of chiropractors making some pretty wild claims such as curing cancer or the common cold, but this one is above and beyond etc. etc.. A chiropractor in Ohio claims he can reach back to the time an injury happens and fix the problem. He has even made up a name for the treatment, Bahlaqeem.

I have to say up front that I have been treated by a chiropractor for over five years now and I am very pleased with the results. He helps get rid of headaches, he helps get rid of backaches and he helps me feel better generally. I was pleased when I first started visiting him that he didn't make any wild claims, he explained the treatment, what it does, how it works, and he even told me what he believed he could help me with. The information I have received from him is highly accurate and he has never mislead me. I BELIEVE IN CHIROPRACTIC CARE, but when one makes a wild claim like this one it puts all chiropractic doctors in a bad light.

MSNBC has a good write-up of the story, you can find it here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12208638/

For more information on Chiropractic Doctors see the U.S. Dept of Labor's web site with information on the field.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos071.htm

Further information on chiropractic care can be found here:
http://www.spine-health.com/topics/conserv/chiro/feature/chirtr01.html

Go see a chiropractor and let them help you with your overall health, but stay away from crackpots like the one described above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home